Our Cupcake Cowboy is at home behind the range. He loves baking up a storm as much as he does breaking in wild broncos and riding bareback. This sexy stud is the inspiration behind the western-themed cupcakes in Man Candy and Cupcakes. His delicious Apple Cider Cupcake recipe is as a country as a pickup truck and tastes better than cotton candy. I decorated mine with an edible plaid topper to complete the look. It’s the perfect cupcake to enjoy with the urban cowboy in your life. It will make you feel like a roll in the hay!
APPLE CIDER CUPCAKES
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup apple cider
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples (about two medium apples)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix again.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in three parts, alternating with the apple cider, and mix until all is combined. Fold in chopped apples.
- Evenly fill muffin cups with batter and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
Apple Cider Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar, one cup at a time, beating after each addition. Add apple cider and beat until smooth.
- Pipe on top of cooled cupcakes using a pastry bag and tip or plastic bag with the corner snipped off.
These plaid toppers are the ultimate in cowboy couture. Simply search online for a cupcake store that prints edible toppers and send them the plaid toppers below. Then simply put them on top of your country-inspired cupcakes and you will have the best dressed cupcakes in town!