Marlon Brando was the ultimate Man Candy. This bad boy of cinema smouldered onscreen hotter than a convection oven. His legendary sex appeal was only matched by his appetite for sweet treats so I paid homage to this hunk with a rebel-raising Marlon Brando Pound Me Cupcake recipe in Man Candy & Cupcakes. This deliciously naughty cupcake is laced with Amorous Amaretto-spiked Buttercream.
To give this cupcake an even more Brando devil-may-care attitude, I decorated it with with a fondant fisherman’s cap, slicked back hair made of frosting and a Brando wrapper. Learn how to make these macho decorations by clicking here. This cupcake is a mini me of this iconic hunk and just as edible. Serve this decadent dessert up to the Bad Boy in your life or enjoy it with your girlfriends while watching The Wild One. Being bad never tasted so good!
MARLON BRANDO CUPCAKES
Pound Me Cupcakes
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 13 tablespoons (1 stick + 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add the butter and half the egg mixture and beat with a mixer on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Add the remaining egg mixture in two parts, beating after each addition.
- Evenly fill muffin cups with batter and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter with a mixer until creamy. Add sugar, one cup at a time, beating after each addition. Add milk and amaretto and beat until light and fluffy.
- Pipe on top of cooled cupcakes using a pastry bag and tip or plastic bag with the corner snipped off.
Visit the Cupcake Decorations section of this blog to make your own Brando-inspired decorations.