It’s easy to understand why the margarita is the most popular cocktail in the world. It’s liquid bliss. I’ve taken inspiration from my favourite pour and created the ultimate cupcake. These delicious tequila-infused margarita cupcakes are a party in a wrapper. Serve them with a classic margarita cocktail and your taste buds will start doing the salsa.
MARGARITA CUPCAKES with Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce triple sec
1 ounce lime juice
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted
butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon orange extract
2 teaspoons lime zest
1/4 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Combine tequila, triple sec and lime juice to make a margarita cocktail and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add orange extract and lime zest and mix to combine.
5. Reduce mixer speed to low. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in three
parts, alternating with the margarita and buttermilk, and mix until all is combined.
6. Evenly fill muffin cups with batter and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
This margarita cupcake will put you in the mood to make mad, passionate love long into the night.
LIME CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
3-4 tablespoons Rose’s lime juice
4-5 cups confectioners’ sugar
Lime slices, for garnish
Paper umbrellas, for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar, one cup at a time, beating after each addition. Add the Rose’s lime juice and mix to combine.
2. Pipe on top of cooled cupcakes using a pastry bag and tip or plastic bag with the corner snipped off. Garnish with a lime slice and little umbrella.